Mercedes-Benz forays into bus production in IndiaSeptember 1st, 2008 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 1 (IANS) Luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz Monday announced its foray into the bus segment in India with the launch of its intercity coach.While the body of the luxury bus will be built by the Jalandhar-based Sutlej Motors, the coach will have a ‘O 500 R/RF chassis’ from the Mercedes-Benz stable.
“Our footprint in the commercial vehicles segment now widens with the introduction of Mercedes-Benz buses,” Mercedes-Benz India managing director and chief executive Wilfried Aulbur said.
The bus market in India is witnessing a tremendous change, with the government undertaking large-scale infrastructure projects that are dedicated to redefine the mass transportation industry in India.
Projects like the north-south-east-west corridor and the golden quadrilateral are close to completion.
- Honegg to replace Aulbur as Mercedes' India chief - Nov 27, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz forays into high-end city bus segment in India - Jun 10, 2010
- Mercedes Benz to drive in to city bus segment - Jun 03, 2010
- Mercedes to run triple-axle luxury coaches in India next fiscal - Oct 09, 2009
- Mercedes to set up bus body building unit in Pune - Sep 27, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz eyes mining sector, buses for growth in Asian market - Jan 06, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz seeks tie-ups with states for low-floor buses - Mar 18, 2009
- Mercedes Benz India logs record July sales - Aug 02, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz launches pre-owned car business in India - Jun 28, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz India rolls out 30,000th car (With Image) - Dec 08, 2010
- Mercedes Benz India clocks 79 percent sales growth - Jul 01, 2010
- Mercedes August sales zoom 112 percent - Sep 08, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz optimistic about Indian market - Oct 03, 2009
- Volvo to invest Rs. 400 crore to expand India operations - Oct 13, 2011
- Mercedes launches 3D stimulator, luxury apparels - Sep 08, 2010