Mentally unstable man lynched to death in DelhiJuly 11th, 2008 - 10:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) A 35-year-old mentally unstable man was allegedly beaten to death when he tried to escape from a house after committing theft in Delhi, the police said Friday. The incident took place in Rohini area early Friday morning when Manoj Kumar was trying to run away with a moped from a house, a police official said.
But residents caught him and beat him mercilessly. He was taken to the Sanjay Gandhi Hospital where doctors pronounced him dead, the police official added.
Kumar was living with his father in a rented home nearby. Neighbours said that Kumar was mentally unstable.
“Eyewitnesses told us that there were three other people with Kumar and they fled from the place but he was caught. We are investigating the matter,” Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (outer district) B.K. Singh said.
- Youth beaten to death in road rage incident - Dec 23, 2011
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Youth saves boss from robbery, shot dead - Apr 01, 2011
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Mob assaults mentally unstable man - Jan 07, 2011
- Man held for killing DTC driver for Rs.300 - Oct 08, 2011
- Dikshit expresses shock over auto driver's murder (Third Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Maoist wanted in Jharkhand held in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Maoist extremist apprehended in Delhi (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Two get life term for killing neighbour - Feb 16, 2011
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Auto driver beaten to death in road rage (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Driver held for stealing former employer's car - Apr 30, 2010
- African youth in coma since April, father seeks Badal's help - Jul 06, 2012
- Journalist, pregnant wife attacked - Jul 07, 2012