Mentally unsound son killed father, and now motherMarch 15th, 2012 - 11:12 am ICT by IANS
Panaji, March 15 (IANS) A 40-year-old man, who is believed to be mentally unsound and had served a three-year sentence for killing his father, has been arrested for bludgeoning his mother to death in a Goa village, police said Thursday.
Srikant Gawde was arrested late Wednesday on charges of murdering his mother in Keri Karmane in Ponda, 40 km from here.
Gawde, who was nabbed from a forested area near the village, had murdered his father nine years ago. He escaped into the woods after killing his mother and was caught while returning with the intention of ending his wife’s life, a police official said.
“He was under medication, which was being prescribed to him by the Institute for Psychiatry and Human Behaviour (IPHB). He has also served a sentence of three years in prison for murdering his father Jairam some years back and had only returned home after serving sentence about a year and a half back,” a police spokesperson said.
- Murder convict arrested 10 years after jumping parole - Dec 20, 2011
- Four arrested in murder cases - May 06, 2011
- Delhi man's beheaded body found in Haryana - Aug 07, 2011
- Three tribal youth get life terms for murder - Feb 08, 2012
- Two Goa cops booked for dowry-related harassment - Jun 16, 2011
- Village tense after killing of widows, accused unrepentant - Apr 19, 2011
- Serial killer arrested in China - May 27, 2012
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Indian woman kills mother-in-law in Britain, jailed - Jul 19, 2012
- Indian jailed in Italy for killing son - Dec 23, 2011
- Pakistani kills ex-girlfriend with hammer - Jun 07, 2012
- Man sentenced to 6,060 years in prison - Mar 13, 2012
- CRPF ex-cop sentenced to death for killing seven - Apr 30, 2012
- Man murders stepmother - Mar 06, 2012
- Man confesses to rape, murder of three - May 04, 2009