Mentally unsound son killed father, and now motherMarch 15th, 2012 - 11:12 am ICT by IANS
Panaji, March 15 (IANS) A 40-year-old man, who is believed to be mentally unsound and had served a three-year sentence for killing his father, has been arrested for bludgeoning his mother to death in a Goa village, police said Thursday.
Srikant Gawde was arrested late Wednesday on charges of murdering his mother in Keri Karmane in Ponda, 40 km from here.
Gawde, who was nabbed from a forested area near the village, had murdered his father nine years ago. He escaped into the woods after killing his mother and was caught while returning with the intention of ending his wife’s life, a police official said.
“He was under medication, which was being prescribed to him by the Institute for Psychiatry and Human Behaviour (IPHB). He has also served a sentence of three years in prison for murdering his father Jairam some years back and had only returned home after serving sentence about a year and a half back,” a police spokesperson said.
- Murder convict arrested 10 years after jumping parole - Dec 20, 2011
- Delhi man's beheaded body found in Haryana - Aug 07, 2011
- 70-year-old tennis referee kills 80-year-old hubby - Aug 22, 2012
- Four arrested in murder cases - May 06, 2011
- Two Goa cops booked for dowry-related harassment - Jun 16, 2011
- Indian woman kills mother-in-law in Britain, jailed - Jul 19, 2012
- Three tribal youth get life terms for murder - Feb 08, 2012
- Nigerian prisoner admitted to mental hospital - Jul 02, 2010
- Man beaten to death in Bihar for eloping - Sep 12, 2012
- Delhi man murders brother for touching his car - May 18, 2012
- Foreign tourist molested in Goa - Oct 01, 2010
- Village tense after killing of widows, accused unrepentant - Apr 19, 2011
- Russian faces jail for killing his rapist - May 11, 2012
- Man held for father's murder - Jul 25, 2012
- Serial killer arrested in China - May 27, 2012