‘Mentally ill’ son kills fatherJune 17th, 2008 - 8:51 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 16 (IANS) The Punjab police Monday arrested a “mentally ill” youth in Moga town for allegedly clubbing his father to death. The police said that following an argument, Arshdeep Wadhwa, 25, hit his father R.C. Wadhwa with a cricket stump in his house in Moga, 250 km from here, and kept hitting till the victim was dead.
The father was working as a technician in a government hospital.
The youth, who lost his mother two years back, was “mentally ill”, neighbours told the police. They said that two years back, his father had recalled him from a dental degree course (BDS), which he was pursuing in Pune, after he became “mentally ill”.
Police officials said the youth was booked for culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
- Superstitious Punjab village headwoman kills girl - Aug 24, 2012
- Punjab cracker unit blast leaves four dead (Lead, changing dateline) - Apr 13, 2012
- Dental student jumps to death - Oct 07, 2011
- Warden booked for sodomising mentally disabled in Haryana - Jul 02, 2012
- Dental college students call off stir as principal removed (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Son arrested for killing father over property dispute - Jun 26, 2012
- Pune varsity guard shot dead - May 04, 2012
- Mentally ill man kills father - Feb 07, 2012
- NCP legislator jailed six months for assault - Oct 05, 2011
- 70-year-old run over by Arbaaz Khan's car (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- African youth in coma since April, father seeks Badal's help - Jul 06, 2012
- Punjab get injured African student airlifted - Aug 05, 2012
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- Delhi Police pay interim relief for custodial death - Mar 02, 2012
- Men absconding after beating bus driver to death - Oct 25, 2010