Mendes wasn’t sure about Craig as BondApril 20th, 2012 - 3:36 am ICT by IANS
London, April 20 (IANS) Sam Mendes was not sure if Daniel Craig would suit the role of James Bond, but the filmmaker is glad that the actor proved him wrong.
“I was one of the people who said I didn’t think he was the right casting. At the time, I was asked in an interview and I said, ‘I’m not sure, I would advise him not to do it’,” metro.co.uk quoted Mendes as saying.
“I watched him go through that intense pressure and come through that with flying colours. I bumped into him after ‘Casino Royale’ and I was so excited to see him as Bond. It was great to watch him come through that and prove the doubters wrong,” he said.
Mendes is currently working with Craig on another James Bond film “Skyfall”.
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- Sam Mendes is perfect director: Craig - Sep 29, 2011
- Watch 'Skyfall' first trailer on your mobiles - Jul 31, 2012
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Adele likely to sing closing credit of 'Skyfall' - Sep 12, 2012
- Heineken extends partnership with James Bond films - Feb 09, 2012
- Ben Whishaw to play Q in next Bond film - Jul 14, 2012
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- I want to be 'James Bond': Idris Elba - Oct 01, 2011
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- 'Skyfall' to hit Indian screens Nov 2 (With Image) - Feb 01, 2012
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- I am not funny: Daniel Craig - Sep 03, 2012
- Albert Finney onboard for the new James Bond movie - Nov 01, 2011