Men, women look differently at nude adsJuly 17th, 2011 - 4:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 17 (IANS) The saying that ’sex sells’ may be popular among advertisers. But a study shows taht men and women look differently in advertisements featuring bikini clad women.
Using two ads featuring attractive women posing for H&M; and Reebok trainers, researchers analysed where the eyes of men and women were drawn at first glance.
Women are much more interested in the model’s toned stomach and the price of the bikini. Men prefer to focus squarely on her breasts, rather than her surrounding figure, reports the Daily Mail.
Men were found to be more interested in the attractive woman’s face rather than her toned figure.
Some results were not at all surprising - both men and women were drawn to the woman’s legs and torso before the ad’s information and branding.
And in the Reebok advert, where an attractive female stands wearing nothing but a pair of white shoes, mens’ eyes were drawn to the model’s body — and barely to the shoes.
But there were also more interesting findings in the study of 50 men and 50 women.
Men spent 40 percent more time looking at the model’s face than women. Men were also found to notice the woman’s face before they paid attention to her body.
In the H&M; campaign featuring a toned, sexy woman posing on a beach, women looked first at her torso and then at her face.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Kelly Brook shoots for Reebok - Feb 20, 2012
- Eva Mendez named brand ambassador of Reebok EasyTone - Mar 02, 2011
- Bikinis back in Goa tourism campaigns - Apr 11, 2011
- Travel companies go back to risque adverts to boost sales - Oct 14, 2010
- How companies make you buy cosmetics? (Lead) - Jul 22, 2011
- New campaign for Easytone by Reebok - Sep 28, 2010
- I've never been conscious of my body: Bipasha - Jul 28, 2012
- Hairy chests are out: Clean-shaven torsos in - Jul 18, 2012
- Bollywood posters go dare bare with women - Feb 23, 2012
- Kelly Brook bares all for Reebok ad - Aug 04, 2010
- Kelly Brook peels off for Reebok ad - Sep 16, 2010
- It's official: Men look at women's faces over bodies for marriage - Sep 15, 2010
- Kelly Brook strips for Reebok ad - Aug 04, 2010
- Fake Reebok products seized, two arrested - Nov 23, 2011
- Mendes named as Reebok Easytone's ambassador - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: advert, asian news, attractive female, attractive woman, attractive women, beach women, bikini clad women, bikini men, daily mail, first glance, indo, july 17, men women, reebok, sak, sexy woman, toned stomach, torso, white shoes, women men