Men with suspected Maoists links held with detonatorsJuly 9th, 2011 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
Chanduali (Uttar Pradesh), July 9 (IANS) Two men suspected of supplying explosives to the Maoists were Saturday arrested here with a cache of detonators, police said.
The two men were nabbed from Jamuwahan crossing in Syedraza town and over 500 detonators were seized from them.
“Preliminary investigations indicate that the duo could have links with Maoists,” police inspector Arvind Yadav told reporters in Chanduali, some 300 km from Lucknow.
“We have learnt that the two were supposed to hand over the consignment to some people in Bihar. We are yet to ascertain where from the two had brought the detonators,” he added.
According to police, the two are natives of Maoist-affected Sonbhadra district of Uttar Pradesh.
- Two held with explosives in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 05, 2010
- Five arrested with explosives - Aug 04, 2011
- Three held with 10,500 detonators - Jun 16, 2011
- Five arrested with explosives in Maoist-affected area - Jan 31, 2011
- Two Nepalis arrested with detonators, gelatin rods - Feb 25, 2011
- Two arrested with cartridges in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Men with suspected Maoist links held with explosives - May 06, 2011
- Explosives seized in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 02, 2011
- Man held with explosives, may have Maoist links - Sep 20, 2011
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
- Couple held with 15 pistols in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 21, 2011
- Maoist nabbed in Uttar Pradesh, explosives seized - May 04, 2011
- Explosives seized in Uttar Pradesh's Sonbhadra - Nov 02, 2011
- Two arrested with tiger skins in Varanasi - Jun 11, 2011
- Maoist nabbed in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 19, 2011