Men say ‘I love you’ 97 days after meeting womenJune 17th, 2011 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 17 (IANS) Men begin thinking about professing their love 97.3 days into a relationship, says a new study.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology study, however, said men who profess their love early in a relationship are “not to be trusted”.
Women actually prefer it when males wait to get serious, the Daily Mail reported.
The study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology questioned 45 men and women.
It found that men said the phrase “I love you” before women 61.5 percent of the time.
Men also felt “happiest” to hear the three words early in a relationship. Most, however, see the phrase “as a sign a woman wants to go to bed with them”.
If spoken later in a relationship, men “may fear commitment”, it said.
Women, however, do not trust men who say “I love you” too early.
But if said after they are in a sexual relationship, the words bring with them the promise of commitment and a potential father to a child.
Researchers said: “Men consider expressing their feelings six weeks before women do. One important reason men may confess love earlier than women do is because men have a stronger desire to motivate early sexual activity in relationships.”
- Study reveals that Men are the quickest to say 'I Love You' in a relationship - Oct 28, 2011
- Men say 'I love you' before women in anticipation of sex in relationship - Apr 26, 2011
- Study reveals that Men more likely to say 'I love you' first - Jan 30, 2012
- Sex before marriage hampers healthy relationship - Sep 02, 2012
- Women find men with smouldering eyes 'shifty' - May 13, 2012
- Men jabber more than women - Feb 18, 2011
- Women can be more promiscuous than men - May 19, 2012
- Disabled men face far greater odds of sexual abuse - Oct 11, 2011
- It's official: Men are hornier than women - Dec 04, 2010
- Men likelier to commit faster than women: Survey - Feb 04, 2011
- Longer words get message across faster, more effectively - Jan 25, 2011
- When a couple, men, women don't think differently - Mar 23, 2011
- Study: Gay guys are thinner - Jun 09, 2010
- Cheating is the norm, not exception, in men - Jan 09, 2012
- Why is the trend of 'flexisexuality' catching up? - Feb 24, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,