Men not much drawn to grooming productsSeptember 17th, 2011 - 9:05 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 17 (IANS) While there are a lot of personality grooming products available for men in today’s market, not too many men seem to be using them in their daily life, a study has indicated.
A survey in Britain has found that despite the growth of all manner of male grooming products, one in five men admits to never using deodorant or any other kind of body spray, Daily Mail reported.
The same proportion - perhaps the very same people - say they don’t ever wash their hair with shampoo, while three out of ten reject shower gel.
Leaving aside the hardcore of stubborn deodorant-dodgers, however, the survey of 1,000 men suggests that for most a grooming routine has become a way of life. Instead, most keep clean because it makes them feel good, gives them greater confidence and will help them get ahead in life.
The study by market researchers SPA Future Thinking also found that being attractive to the opposite sex was not the primary motive.
- British woman sues deo firm after suffering burns - Aug 05, 2012
- Men prefer taking smartphones to newspapers in loo - Feb 25, 2012
- Cheryl Cole's endorsement sends hairspray sales soaring - Aug 09, 2010
- The heat is on! Dos and don'ts for hair care - Jun 01, 2012
- Men are scared of women's health products - Apr 21, 2011
- Oz women don't get enough 'me time' as men - Oct 20, 2010
- British men spend 18 minutes daily looking handsome - Sep 16, 2011
- Mistresses 'receive more lavish holiday gifts than wives' - Dec 14, 2010
- Fragranced products emit unlisted 'toxic' chemicals, shows study - Oct 31, 2010
- Philips launches bodygroom product for men - Jul 20, 2012
- Now, a website that tells men how to seduce women into sex - Jan 14, 2011
- Now, clear gel that boosts boobs' "tone, size and skin texture"! - Mar 09, 2010
- Clean right, eat right for healthy hair this monsoon - Aug 08, 2012
- Chemical found in deodorants linked to breast cancer - Jan 13, 2012
- Seaweed extract could drive away acne woes in teens - Sep 04, 2010
Tags: body spray, confidence, daily mail, deodorant, dodgers, five men, london, male grooming products, many men, market researchers, motive, personality, proportion, s market, shampoo, spa, way of life