Men didn’t find young Madonna attractiveNovember 11th, 2011 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Nov 11 (IANS) Pop diva Madonna says that straight men didn’t find her attractive when she was young.
“(Girls) were told to wear our skirts to our knees, turtlenecks, cover ourselves and not wear makeup, and not do anything that would draw attention,” Madonna, who had a strict Catholic-Italian upbringing, told Harper’s Bazaar.
“Straight men did not find me attractive. I think they were scared of me because I was different,” said Madonna who rebelled with unshaved armpits and wacky hairstyles.
The 53-year-old, who is dating 24-year-old French dancer Brahim Zaibat, is slowly including him in outings with her kids - Lourdes, 15, Rocco, 11, David, 6, and Mercy, 5, reports usmagazine.com.
“(My sons) need a male role model as well. So I need to keep this in mind: What is this person modeling to my sons, what kind of man is he, what values does he have, what energy is he giving off?” she said.
- Madonna decade's most talked about celebrity - Dec 23, 2010
- Madonna holidays with boyfriend's mom, cousins - Aug 22, 2012
- Madonna impresses beau's mom - Sep 03, 2011
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- Madonna and boyfriend Brahim Zaibat split over religious issues - May 10, 2011
- Today is Madonna's birthday - Aug 16, 2011
- Madonna learns breakdance from son - May 18, 2012
- Madonna's kids dislike her music - Apr 02, 2012
- Madonna: A Woman Above All! - Dec 03, 2010
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- I'm dating a woman 8-yrs older than you: Madonna's toy boy tells his mom - Nov 06, 2010
- Love keeps me young: Madonna - Jan 13, 2012
- Madonna rents theatre! - Jul 11, 2012
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Madonna's boyfriend proposes - Mar 05, 2012