Member of criminal gang killed by police in Uttar PradeshSeptember 1st, 2008 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 1 (IANS) A member of a criminal gang was killed in a gun battle with the police in Ghazipur district of Uttar Pradesh early Monday, an official said.Kuber was killed by the police in Nauli village, about 300 km from here, while two other members of the gang - Anand Singh and Pramod Singh - escaped.
“The trio were on a motorcycle and opened fire at a police party when signalled to stop,” Superintendent of Police (Ghazipur) Brijlal Meena told IANS on phone.
Anand and Pramod fled on foot, leaving the motorcycle behind. A country made pistol was also recovered from the spot.
“Anand and Pramod had been charged with murder and had escaped from the Ghazipur district jail about a month ago,” said Inspector K.P. Pathak of Suhawal police station, under which Nauli village falls.
- Bank robbery: Rs.63.5 lakh seized in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Sand mafia kingpin arrested - Mar 11, 2012
- BJP leader shot dead in Kanpur - Jul 16, 2011
- Maoist shot dead in Odisha - Jul 09, 2012
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
- Two policemen suspended for extorting money - Apr 29, 2011
- 10 luxury cars, 27 bikes recovered from vehicle thieves - Jun 16, 2011
- Son kills father for opposing love affair - Mar 30, 2012
- Maoist extremist apprehended in Delhi (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- BMW kills two, injures four - May 05, 2012
- Criminal killed in gun battle with police in Haryana - Jul 04, 2012
- Two Indians gunned down in Philippines - Nov 16, 2011
- Sand mafia attacks cops, officials in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 10, 2012
- Three Bodo militants killed in Assam - Jul 13, 2012