Mehta starts on a winning note in Shanghai MastersJuly 24th, 2012 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 24 (IANS) India’s ace cueist Aditya Mehta Tuesday started on a winning note in the Shanghai Masters qualifiers being played at World Snooker Academy in Sheffield.
Defeating Paul Davison of England with a commendable lead score of 5-2, Aditya registered his first win.
Mehta started off well with a few 40+ breaks to go 2-0 in the lead but Paul won the third frame. Aditya won the fourth frame to go into the mid session with a 3-1 lead.
A bad break-off cost Aditya the next frame where Paul made a 50 in his first visit. From 3-2, Aditya played strong making two tough breaks of 44 and 30 in the sixth frame and finished off with a superb 78 to seal the match 5-2.
Talking about the win, Mehta said: “It’s been a good start for the season. Today’s match was an enjoyable one to play. I’m waiting to play against James tomorrow. We’ve been contenders recently and our match tomorrow is sure to be an interesting one.”
Aditya will be seen playing against James Wattana, who he has defeated in his last encounter with a lead score of 5-1.
- Aditya Mehta pots second win at Wuxi Classic Snooker - Jun 06, 2012
- Aditya Mehta wins Kolkata Open snooker - May 09, 2012
- Aditya gets India Asian snooker title after eight years - Apr 29, 2012
- Mehta qualifies for the venue stages - Aug 23, 2012
- Advani prevails, Mehta loses - Jun 14, 2012
- Pankaj Advani beats former World No.1 Higgins - Aug 25, 2012
- Advani scalps McManus - Aug 21, 2012
- Mehta gets better of White - Aug 22, 2012
- Asian Snooker: Aditya beats Kuwait's Mubarak - Apr 23, 2012
- National Snooker: Mehta, Chawla in title round - Feb 03, 2012
- Aditya loses in second round of World Snooker - Apr 10, 2012
- Maiden national snooker title for Aditya Mehta - Aug 09, 2011
- European snooker: Advani beats English veteran Mark King - Aug 26, 2012
- World Snooker: Aditya wins first round match - Apr 09, 2012
- Mehta retains national snooker crown - Feb 04, 2012