Mehta gets better of WhiteAugust 22nd, 2012 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
Sheffield, Aug 22 (IANS) Indian cueist Aditya Mehta won the third round match at the qualifying stages of the International Open Snooker Tournament here with a thrilling 6-5 win over England’s Jimmy White.
Trailing behind in the first session 1-3, Mehta recovered with breaks of 79 and 69 to level up at 3-3 at the interval. After losing couple of close frames, the World No. 74 was 3-5 down.
However, Mehta fought back and pulled one with a break of 53 and then won a very close 10th frame on the pink to level up again 5-5. In the decider, even though White had the first opportunity, Mehta won with an excellent 73 to clinch the win.
“I am a little relieved as this was a tricky match. I knew I could do it. I just had to find my level in the game. This event is one of the majors on the pro-tour and I need one more to win to get to the ‘Venue Stages’ in China,” said Mehta after the match.
He next faces another English player Jamie Cope. Mehta and Cope were contenders in the Wuxi Classic Snooker earlier in the season.
- Mehta qualifies for the venue stages - Aug 23, 2012
- Aditya Mehta pots second win at Wuxi Classic Snooker - Jun 06, 2012
- Mehta starts on a winning note in Shanghai Masters - Jul 24, 2012
- Advani prevails, Mehta loses - Jun 14, 2012
- Aditya gets India Asian snooker title after eight years - Apr 29, 2012
- World Snooker: Aditya wins first round match - Apr 09, 2012
- Aditya loses in second round of World Snooker - Apr 10, 2012
- Aditya Mehta wins Kolkata Open snooker - May 09, 2012
- Mehta survives a scare in snooker tournament - Jun 19, 2012
- Advani survives scare in National Snooker Championship - Jan 30, 2012
- Mehta retains national snooker crown - Feb 04, 2012
- Advani scalps McManus - Aug 21, 2012
- Chinese debutant Cao stuns Allen at world snooker - Apr 23, 2012
- Aditya eyeing gold at Asian Snooker - Apr 18, 2012
- Asian Snooker: Aditya beats Kuwait's Mubarak - Apr 23, 2012