Mehbooba re-elected PDP presidentOctober 31st, 2011 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Oct 31 (IANS) Mehbooba Mufti was Monday re-elected president of Jammu and Kashmir’s Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for three more years.
After her re-election, Mehbooba, addressing party workers here, said: “PDP is a movement which has restored dignity and honour of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.”
She also said that her party has revived “people’s faith in democracy and democratic institutions”.
A statement issued by the party said Mehbooba recalled that “there was total chaos and confusion in the whole state and common masses were gripped with a sense of fear and insecurity when PDP was formed on July 28, 1999″.
“Our party has not only created a sense of security among the people but also set an example of good governance after attaining power in 2002,” she said, adding that the “biggest achievement of PDP was restoring people’s faith in democracy and democratic institutions.”
“After 2002, there had been improvement in the political situation and mood of the people in the state because the PDP-Congress regime, despite all its limitations, had provided a more responsive government than the state has witnessed before,” she said.
Hitting out at the ruling National Conference, she said now “corruption has crossed all limits and there was no governance in the state”.
- Omar spent three years saving chair: Mehbooba - Oct 17, 2011
- PDP government delivered better with only 16 legislators: Mehbooba - Dec 13, 2011
- Mehbooba Mufti set to be re-elected PDP chief - Oct 25, 2011
- Mufti calls for regime change in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 12, 2012
- Kashmiris feeling alienated under Omar: Mufti - Jan 09, 2012
- PDP scripted new chapter in Kashmir's history: Mufti - Mar 25, 2012
- Committed to equal growth in all Kashmir regions: PDP - Nov 30, 2011
- Mufti lashes out at Omar government on development - Jul 03, 2011
- Mufti Sayeed accuses National Conference of 'double standards' - Sep 24, 2011
- Call fresh elections in Kashmir: National Panthers Party - Nov 08, 2011
- Mufti slams J-K Govt. for failing to provide basic infrastructure to people - Jan 04, 2011
- PDP marches to highlight corruption in Kashmir - Oct 24, 2011
- National Conference is party of the past, says PDP - May 24, 2011
- I correctly quoted Mehbooba on Modi: Sushma Swaraj - Sep 20, 2011
- PDP to boycott Kashmir panchayat polls (Lead) - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: confusion, corruption, democracy, democratic institutions, democratic party, dignity, good governance, honour, insecurity, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, mehbooba mufti, oct 31, political situation, regime, responsive government, sense of fear, sense of security, srinagar, total chaos