Meghalaya gets new chief information commissionerJuly 7th, 2011 - 8:24 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, July 7 (IANS) Former bureaucrat Chester Davies Kynjing was sworn-in as the new chief information commissioner (CIC) of Meghalaya Thursday at a brief ceremony at Raj Bhavan here.
Governor R.S. Mooshahary administered the oath of office to Kynjing, who succeeds G.P. Wahlang — the first CIC of Meghalaya.
In a brief interaction with journalists, the new state CIC said: “I will try my best to do my job without fear or favour.”
State Assembly Speaker Charles Pyngrope, cabinet ministers and Chief Secretary W.M.S. Pariat were present at the occasion.
- Sangma reshuffles cabinet, drops three senior ministers - Jun 07, 2011
- Meghalaya chief minister to reshuffle cabinet Tuesday - Jun 06, 2011
- Sacked Meghalaya minister re-inducted - Aug 02, 2011
- Poll panel favours right to reject candidates - Dec 06, 2011
- Four from Tripura killed in Meghalaya accident - Nov 11, 2011
- Tynsong to return to Sangma cabinet - Aug 01, 2011
- ANVC expresses unhappiness over 'slow' progress of talks - Feb 20, 2012
- Meghalaya forms panels on influx, tenancy laws - Sep 05, 2012
- Chidambaram to review Meghalaya security situation Sunday - Feb 17, 2012
- Pillai to review northeast's law and order situation - Jun 03, 2010
- Shutdown brings normal life to standstill in Meghalaya - May 14, 2012
- More birds die in Meghalaya, test reports awaited - Jan 10, 2012
- New Madhya Pradesh governor sworn-in - Sep 08, 2011
- BJP gives Karnataka third chief minister in four years (Second lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- BJP gives Karnataka third chief minister in four years (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012