Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the rampJuly 23rd, 2011 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 23 (IANS) Designer duo Meera and Muzaffar Ali, known for their elegant traditional collections, for the first time introduced short dresses in their couture line on second day of Synergy 1 Delhi Couture Week (DCW) here Saturday.
“We thought of introducing the short dresses because we wanted to move with changing times and it’s part of today’s lifestyle. It shows the growing outlook of today’s generation. Our collection is more of a occasion wear than just a bridal wear,” said Meera.
The collection, titled Sama, featured garments which varied from long jackets, kaftans with elevated neckline, heavily embroidered lehangas, anarakali suits with farshi pyjamas, ghararas, peshwaaz and saris with the heavy usage of drapes and cuts.
One could also see an inspiration of traditional ikat embroidery on flowing silhouettes. The show opened up with pastel and earthy colours, and later moved on to black dresses and saris. The designers also used paintings as palettes for the garments.
The fabrics included chiffon, organza, nets, velvet and silk. The designer duo created an Awadhi opulence on ramp, with live music in the background.
- Couture week gets bigger, better; Madhuri to walk at opener (Curtainraiser) - Jul 21, 2011
- Walking the ramp is fun for me: Sharmila Tagore - Aug 09, 2012
- JJ Valaya couture collection mix of past designs - Jul 23, 2011
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Indian weddings have become liberal: Shantanu and Nikhil - Aug 12, 2012
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- Drape that Kanjeevaram, Benarasi this Diwali - Oct 20, 2011
- I was skeptical about walking the ramp: Sharmila Tagore - Jul 25, 2011
- Deepika Govind's new designs mix style, power - Nov 15, 2011
- Bhairavi Jaikishan presents new style at LFW - Aug 06, 2012
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Shabana Azmi cheers for Anita Dongre at WIFW - Oct 12, 2011
- Manish wowed with his collection, B-town loved it too (With Images) - Aug 12, 2012
- A grandeur opening by Varun Bahl for DCW - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: black dresses, bridal wear, drapes, earthy colours, embroidery, garments, live music, meera, muzaffar ali, muzzafar, neckline, opulence, palettes, pyjamas, ramp, saris, short dresses, silhouettes, traditional collections, velvet and silk