Meera Jasmine plays a Kannada courtesanOctober 13th, 2008 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Oct 13 (IANS) National Award winning actress Meera Jasmine, who is known for playing her roles to perfection, will now be seen as a courtesan in a Kannada film.The storyline is based on affection between siblings in the backdrop of the curse of modern society - the ‘Devadasi’ system that forces women into prostitution in the name of religion.
Kannada superstar Shivraj Kumar plays the male lead in this Sai Prakash directed venture entitled “Devarukkottathangi” (God gifted sister), a source said.
Having learnt a bit of Kannada script for the movie, the experience helped Meera Jasmine follow the more or less similar Telugu script resulting in two assignments opposite Junior Sivaji and Jagapathi Babu.
- 'Ijjodu', a realistic take on Devadasi system (Kannada Movie Review) - May 07, 2010
- 'Chattam' is passable (Telugu Movie Review) - Mar 27, 2011
- ‘Jai Bolo Telengana’ Movie Preview: History Retold - Jan 06, 2011
- Sampath's Maitrivanam - Jul 22, 2010
- 'Alladistaa' Releasing Tomorrow - Jun 24, 2010
- Meera Jasmine makes comeback to Kannada films - May 21, 2009
- Meera Jasmine returns to Malayalam cinema - Oct 23, 2009
- 'Swami Manikanta' begins shooting - Oct 22, 2009
- I like doing roles for my fans: Sivaji - Sep 18, 2012
- 'Shirdi Sai' breath of fresh air (Telugu Movie Review) - Sep 06, 2012
- 'Nandeeswarudu' - extremely violent, bad remake (Telugu Movie Review) - Jan 22, 2012
- Dr. Rajashekar's 'Ghorintaku' becomes 'Marudhani' - Sep 28, 2009
- Meera Jasmine carves a niche in Kannada, Telugu films - Sep 07, 2008
- M.S. Sathyu returns to tell Devdasi's story with 'Ijjodu' - Apr 16, 2010
- Karthi, Dhanush And Vijay: Clash Of The Titans - Jan 14, 2011