Medical equipment worth crores not used in CWG: CAGAugust 5th, 2011 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 5 (IANS) Pointing at yet another irregularity in the Commonwealth Games, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report said that medical equipment worth crores which were procured for the Games were not used during the event at all.
“Medical equipment worth Rs.0.43 crore and furniture worth Rs.0.46 crore was not issued for the Games, reportedly because of curtailment of medical venues by the Organising Committee (OC),” the report, which was tabled Friday in parliament, said.
“Rs.1.49 crore of equipment procured for the Games directly by the hospitals could not be utilised for the Games,” it added.
The report said the prices of most of the medical equipment were exorbitant and there was a marked difference between the actual price and the price the equipment was obtained for.
“The Directorate of Health Services (DHS) followed multiple procurement processes in an arbitrary manner despite CWG 2010 requirements having been well identified in advance in the Health Action Plan (HAP),” the report said.
“The procurement of medical equipment was marked by serious irregularities,” it added.
- Kalmadi's custody extended till June 1 - May 18, 2011
- CAG blames Dikshit, Kalmadi for 'enormous bungling' in CWG (Second Lead) - Aug 05, 2011
- A lookback at CWG bungling - Jan 19, 2012
- Questions posed by CAG over procurement of sports equipment for CWG - Aug 05, 2011
- Irregularities in sports equipment contracts: CWG - Aug 05, 2011
- CAG slams Dikshit, Kalmadi for 'enormous bungling' (Lead) - Aug 05, 2011
- Not involved in Games' equipment purchases: Kalmadi - May 24, 2012
- CWG 2010: Scoring high on glory and ignominy (Year after CWG) - Oct 02, 2011
- Kalmadi's brain scan Thursday (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- CWG case: Bhanot, Verma's judicial custody extended - May 05, 2011
- Kalmadi to be admitted to AIIMS Monday - Jul 31, 2011
- CWG scam: Congress distances itself from Kalmadi - Feb 23, 2011
- Kalmadi opposes charges in CWG graft case - May 23, 2012
- CWG scam: Lalit Bhanot's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Sports ministry knew about Games purchases: Kalmadi - May 28, 2012
Tags: arbitrary manner, cag report, commonwealth games, comptroller and auditor general, crore, curtailment, furniture, hap, health action plan, health services, hospitals, irregularities, irregularity, medical equipment, New Delhi, organising committee, parliament, procurement processes, worth rs