Medical body angry after doctor’s son is abducted in BiharMay 30th, 2009 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 30 (IANS) Four days after an eight-year-old boy was kidnapped from Bihar’s Muzaffarpur district, Indian Medical Association (IMA) Saturday threatened to paralyse medical services in the state if he is not recovered soon.
The association also protested against the “police failure” in recovering abducted Rithik.
Rithik, a class 6 student of a school in Muzaffarpur, was kidnapped near his residence May 26. He is son of Sudhir Kumar, a Motipur-based private medical practitioner.
“We have told the district administration to rescue Rithik within 24 hours or doctors will be forced to paralyse medical services,” IMA district president B.N. Jha said.
The medicine shops of Motipur continued to remain closed Saturday protesting against police inaction in Rithik’s case.
President of IMA Bihar Raman Kumar Verma also expressed shock and distress of the entire medical fraternity over the kidnapping. He said IMA has urged Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to take immediate effective steps for Rithik’s early and safe recovery.
Police earlier arrested Sudhir Kumar’s compounder for his alleged involvement in the kidnap.
Muzaffarpur Superintendent of Police Sudhansu Kumar said raids are being conducted and assured the family that Rithik will be recovered soon.
- Fear of abductions haunts Bihar again - May 31, 2009
- Bihar junior doctors on strike, legislator's guards held (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Find kidnapped doctors or face strike, says Bihar medicos - Nov 02, 2009
- Bihar doctors go on a day's strike to protest lynching - May 31, 2011
- Seven prisoners booked for lynching doctor in Bihar (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Doctors abducted in Bihar resurface (Lead) - Nov 02, 2009
- Three-year-old kidnapped in Bihar - Jun 01, 2009
- Bihar medicos divided on private practice by government staff - May 24, 2011
- Bihar doctors to protest growing attacks - Dec 05, 2009
- Jailed Bihar politician to be awarded Ph.D - Jul 07, 2012
- Three to die for killing four-year-old - May 25, 2012
- Court orders confiscation of former DGP's assets - Feb 01, 2012
- Private doctors on warpath in uterus removal scam - Aug 06, 2012
- Schoolboy abducted in Bihar - Dec 28, 2010
- Declare killer disease an epidemic, says Bihar - Jun 11, 2012