Mediator received Rs.9.5 crore to arrange bail for ReddyJuly 3rd, 2012 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 3 (IANS) A rowdy sheeter arrested in cash-for-bail scam involving former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy received Rs.9.5 crore as advance for a deal between Reddy’s relatives and judge T. Pattabhirama Rao, police said Tuesday.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) informed the court that P. Yadagiri Rao, who was arrested Monday, was instrumental in mediating the deal for bail to Reddy in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case.
The ACB, in its remand report, said Yadagiri received the cash from Reddy’s relatives and distributed part of it among the accused.
The ACB seized Rs.3.75 crore from the house of Yadagiri at Nacharam in Hyderabad. He told the ACB that he handed over Rs.3 crore to T.V. Chalapathi Rao, a former district judge and an accused in the case, and also bought a land worth Rs.60 lakh and a car worth Rs.8.10 lakh.
Chalapti Rao, suspended judge T. Pattabhirama Rao and his son Ravichandra are already in judicial custody.
The ACB has also seized Rs.1.60 crore in cash from five bank lockers belonging to Ravichandra and Rs.1.14 crore from Chalapathi Rao’s brother Balaji Rao.
The ACB court Tuesday extended till July 13 the judicial custody of Pattabhirama Rao. The hearing on his bail petition and also those of his son Ravichandra and Chalapathi Rao was adjourned to Wednesday.
The agency June 9 booked eight people in the case. Janardhana Reddy’s brother G. Somasekhara Reddy and T.H. Suresh Babu, both legislators in Karnataka, his relative G. Dasrathram Reddy and junior advocate T. Aditya are yet to be arrested.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court May 31 suspended Pattabhirama Rao after the Central Bureau of Investigation conducted preliminary investigations.
The judge May 11 granted bail to Janardhana Reddy. The bail order was last week set aside by the high court.
- Ex-judge, suspended judge's son arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 16, 2012
- Names of two more judges surface in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 11, 2012
- Karnataka MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail scam - Aug 06, 2012
- Two more judges sent to jail in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 12, 2012
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- Mining baron Reddy's kin arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jul 22, 2012
- 'Janardhana Reddy wanted bail at any cost' - Jul 23, 2012
- Former Karnataka minister Sriramulu appears before Anti-Corruption Bureau - Aug 21, 2012
- Karnataka BJP MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail deal (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Cash-for-bail: Suspended judge, seven others booked - Jun 09, 2012
- Andhra CBI judge arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 19, 2012
- Suspended judge sent to police custody in bribery scam - Jun 29, 2012
- Two Karnataka legislators summoned in Andhra cash-for-bail scam - Jul 24, 2012
- Stage set for arrest of suspended Andhra CBI judge - Jun 02, 2012
- Ex-Karnataka minister Janardhana Reddy's bail cancelled - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: acb, aditya, andhra pradesh high court, balaji, car worth, central bureau of investigation, corruption bureau, crore, district judge, hyderabad, judicial custody, karnataka minister, lakh, legislators, mediator, mining company, rao, sheeter, suresh babu, worth rs