Media worker slain in VenezuelaNovember 27th, 2011 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Caracas, Nov 27 (IANS/EFE) A non-journalist of the Efe news agency has been gunned down in front of its office in the Venezuelan capital Caracas.
Edgar Rangel, 49, was shot three times as he was about to enter the office in Las Palmas district Friday.
Rangel had worked at Efe since 1992.
Police said it was presumably related to a robbery attempt by two individuals riding a motorcycle.
- Man gets 24 years for Colombian journalist's killing - Feb 07, 2012
- Pilot killed in drug plane crash in Venezuela - Aug 30, 2012
- Thieves slide out ATM on watermelon rinds! - Jan 11, 2012
- Prison official slain in Venezuela - Jul 07, 2012
- Costa Rican diplomat kidnapped in Venezuela (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Puerto Rican boxer shot dead - Jun 09, 2011
- Venezuela nabs three for Mexican envoy's abduction - Feb 07, 2012
- Costa Rican diplomat kidnapped in Venezuela is free - Apr 11, 2012
- Venezuela prison brawl toll rises to 26 - Aug 24, 2012
- Journalist slain in Brazil - Apr 25, 2012
- Gunman robs doctors mid-surgery at Venezuelan hospital - Mar 11, 2012
- Venezuela's state-run firm makes first action movie - Nov 28, 2010
- Mexican governor's nephew slain - Nov 12, 2011
- Venezuelan killed by stray shot from prison - May 10, 2012
- 25 killed in brawl at Venezuelan prison (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012