‘Media reports on ministers offering to quit juvenile’April 25th, 2012 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh Wednesday termed sections of the media as “juvenile” for going overboard with speculation that four union ministers had offered to resign.
“The most juvenile media, I have ever come across,” Ramesh said at the start of his press conference convened here to release the Wasteland Atlas of India.
Ramesh also made it clear that that he would not take questions other than those related to the subject of the press conference.
The media was abuzz Tuesday with reports that at least four ministers, including Ramesh, had written to Congress president Sonia Gandhi offering to quit their posts and work for the organisation. The other ministers purported to have offered to quit were named as Salman Khurshid, Ghulam Nabi Azad and Vayalar Ravi.
Ramesh and Ravi had Tuesday dismissed the reports about their having offered to resign.
The Congress Wednesday officially denied that some ministers had made offers of resignation to Gandhi.
Congress media department chairman Janardan Dwivedi said: “Sonia Gandhi has neither received any such letter nor has anyone said this thing to her verbally.”
- No minister has offered to quit: Congress - Apr 25, 2012
- Speculation mounts of changes in Congress, two ministers deny quit offer (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Reshuffle in the air as Congress ministers offer to quit - Apr 24, 2012
- No problem between Sonia Gandhi, PM: Congress spokesman - Dec 14, 2010
- Renuka, Alvi appointed Congress spokespersons - Aug 05, 2011
- NCP and government mend fences, PM praises Pawar (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sonia goes abroad for check up - Sep 01, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi appoints three drafting bodies for Burari AICC Plenary Session - Dec 10, 2010
- Rahul gets 'proactive', will be Congress no. 2 (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Congress tries hard to mollify NCP, Pawar unswayed (Intro Roundup) - Jul 21, 2012
- Rahul could play a role both in party and government, says Congress - Jul 21, 2012
- Sonia recovering after surgery, makes some party appointments - Aug 06, 2011
- Ramesh wipes shoe with khadi garland, Congress fumes - Jul 26, 2011
- Chandrabhan named Congress chief in Rajasthan - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: atlas, congress president sonia gandhi, department chairman, development minister, ghulam nabi azad, India, jairam ramesh, juvenile media, khurshid, nabi, New Delhi, resignation, rural development, speculation, union ministers, vayalar ravi, wasteland