Medha Patkar told to ensure lawyer’s presenceMay 23rd, 2012 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) A court here Wednesday directed Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) activist Medha Patkar to ensure the presence of her counsel in the next hearing in a defamation case filed by her.
Metropolitan Magistrate Tyagita Singh said: “You (Patkar) should ensure that your counsel will be present on the next date and tell him in advance about the next date of the hearing. Put up the matter for Aug 27.”
Patkar told the court that her lawyer could not attend the hearing as he was busy in some other court.
The court was hearing a defamation case filed by Patkar against V.K. Saxena, president of an Ahmedabad-based NGO who allegedly had published an article critical of her.
- Medha Patkar fined Rs.5,000 for not appearing in court - Mar 10, 2011
- Perjury plea against Medha Patkar dismissed - Mar 31, 2010
- Court slaps fine on Medha Patkar - Sep 14, 2009
- Court notice to Medha Patkar on medical certificate - Feb 08, 2010
- Warrant issued against Medha Patkar in defamation suit - Jan 28, 2009
- Corruption allegations: Medha Patkar defends Hazare - Oct 17, 2011
- Court grants bail to BJP leader Gupta - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP leader denied relief on Dikshit's defamation complaint - Aug 13, 2012
- Notice to police on carpenter's plea against Anna - Sep 05, 2011
- Tejinder's plea against army chief sent to another court (Second Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Apex court notice to Hazare, Maharashtra, central government - Oct 17, 2011
- Suit against army chief shifted to another judge - May 07, 2012
- Centre misleading court on canal projects: Madhya Pradesh - Feb 17, 2010
- Files sought in army chief defamation case - May 18, 2012
- Tejinder's plea against army chief sent to another court - May 05, 2012