McGrath warns India against Australian quicks; backs PontingDecember 20th, 2011 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Dec 20 (IANS) Australian fast bowling legend Glenn McGrath warned India to watch out for Australia’s fast bowlers and said he expected Ricky Ponting to find form in the four-match Test series that starts with Boxing Day at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
“I’m expecting big things from Rick. He’s got a big score not far away, I think. I have no doubts that our batting line-up will do the business,” McGrath was quoted as saying by The Age.
McGrath said that injection of young blood in the team would invigorate Australia’s performance.
“I think it’s an exciting time for any young cricketer, especially young bowlers coming through at the moment. You saw what (James) Pattinson’s done, what (Pat) Cummins (has) done. (Mitchell) Starc’s in the mix,” he said.
McGrath also said that the influence of spinner Nathan Lyon would round out the team’s bowling attack.
“To have a spinner working alongside the quicks coming through is again pretty exciting because he hasn’t played much Test cricket either, so hopefully the Indians will be surprised,” McGrath said.
“In the bowling department, I’m really excited. There’s a lot of opportunity for the young guys and that’s also in the batting department too,” he said.
- McGrath ready to mentor Australian fast bowlers - Dec 18, 2011
- Australia will whitewash India, says McGrath - Jan 02, 2012
- Fiery pacer Brett Lee retires from international cricket - Jul 13, 2012
- Tips from Akram helped against India: Starc - Jan 14, 2012
- Australia may fall back on quicks thrashed in last Ashes - Apr 21, 2012
- Australian bowling attack can be world's best: Arthur - Dec 31, 2011
- Fletcher has addressed how to tackle mind games: Ojha - Dec 21, 2011
- Australian bowlers need to be consistent: McGrath - Jan 04, 2011
- Australia still undecided on bowling attack - Jan 12, 2012
- McGrath rules out replacing Cooley as Australia's bowling coach - Jan 03, 2011
- We will keep India under pressure, says Hussey - Dec 23, 2011
- Sans Zaheer, India's bowling attack will be in trouble: Clarke - Dec 23, 2011
- Australia drop Starc, Christian from 11 for Boxing Day Test - Dec 24, 2011
- McGrath rules out Oz bowling coach job - Jan 01, 2011
- Brett Lee ranked alongside Oz greats Lillee and McGrath - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: bowling, boxing day, cricketer, cummins, glenn mcgrath, hasn, indians, james pattinson, lyon, match, melbourne cricket ground, no doubts, ricky, score, spinner, starc, test cricket, test series, young blood, young guys