MCD truck catches fire, helper injuredApril 29th, 2012 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) A 23-year-old helper on a Municipal Corporation of Delhi(MCD) garbage truck was badly burnt when he came in contact with a high-tension wire in west Delhi Sunday afternoon, police said. The truck also caught fire in the incident.
The incident took place around 12.25 p.m. near DAV public school in Vikas Puri, when Manish was standing on its roof as the truck was picking garbage near the school.
“As soon as the victim came in contact with the wire, a spark erupted and the truck was engulfed in flames. Manish, a resident of west Delhi’s Uttam Nagar, was rushed to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya hospital with 80 percent burn injuries where his condition is stated to be critical,” said a police official.
A fire service official said that a fire tender was sent to the spot and the fire was doused within half-an-hour.
- Nine-year-old crushed to death - Jul 23, 2011
- Hand loom weaver charred in fire - Apr 22, 2012
- Three children injured in Delhi house fire - Jan 07, 2012
- Three police officials suspended for dereliction of duty - Jan 26, 2012
- MCD teachers racket busted, seven arrested - Feb 29, 2012
- Elderly man kills self - Apr 14, 2011
- Four killed in Delhi building collapse - Dec 03, 2011
- Two dead, three injured in building collapse in Delhi - Jul 24, 2012
- Class four student run over in Delhi - Jul 27, 2012
- Three trucks catch fire, one dead - Feb 02, 2011
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Fire at Delhi's Vikas Bhawan, no injuries - Apr 20, 2012
- Three killed in five-vehicle collision in Delhi - Aug 06, 2011
- Two factories gutted, no casualties - Feb 15, 2011
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: april 29, fire service, fire tender, flames, garbage truck, half an hour, high tension wire, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, New Delhi, police official, puri, sunday afternoon, uttam, west delhi