MCD officials in CBI net for corruptionJune 12th, 2009 - 12:53 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 11 (IANS) As part of its nationwide drive against corruption, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Thursday registered two cases against officials of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), the investigative agency said.
CBI spokesman Harsh Bhal said the agency had registered two cases against MCD officials and some other people for indulging in corrupt practices and permitting large scale unauthorised construction in the MCD’s south zone.
“Searches were conducted at 14 places in Delhi, including residential and office premises of executive engineers, assistant engineers and junior engineers as well as at unauthorised buildings under construction in the Arjun Nagar and Chattarpur Extension areas of New Delhi. The searches are still continuing,” Bhal said.
The CBI said several incriminating documents and huge assets have been recovered from two MCD officials.
“FDRs worth Rs.200,000 and Rs.800,000 in cash were recovered from the house of one of the MCD officials, who is also in possession of four immovable properties, including a huge house, besides four lockers,” he said.
The spokesman said searches at the house of a senior ranking MCD Official revealed documents showing ownership of 12 immovable properties in and around Delhi.
On Wednesday, the country’s premier investigating agency had conducted searches at over 250 places across the country and registered 67 cases. It said it had launched a special drive to curb corruption.
- Case against two MCD officials - Feb 28, 2012
- CBI files case against former oil regulator (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Gas exploration irregularities: CBI case against eight (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- CBI files case against eight in gas exploration irregularities (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Assets worth millions recovered from Delhi civic officials - May 25, 2009
- CBI books five National Museum officials - Feb 28, 2012
- CBI raids residences of technical education board officials - Jul 17, 2009
- CBI arrests commerce ministry official for graft (Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- CBI launches countrywide anti-corruption drive - Jun 11, 2009
- Senior home ministry official booked for fraud - Apr 28, 2010
- Doordarshan engineer faces corruption probe - Jun 12, 2009
- MCD engineers face heat after court rebuke - Dec 18, 2011
- More properties of medical council chief found - Apr 27, 2010
- Home ministry officer booked in bullet proof jacket scam - Apr 29, 2010
- Unauthorized construction: MCD must respond - Nov 02, 2011