MCD employee poisons relative, arrestedMay 4th, 2012 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) A Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) employee and his wife were arrested in connection with the murder of a youth who had an illicit relationship with the killer’s wife and had been extorting her for money, police said Friday.
The accused have been identified as Dinesh Kumar, 42, and his wife Asha, 35, sister-in-law of the deceased, both residents of east Delhi’s Nand Nagari.
Both the accused killed the deceased, Sunil alias Bunty, by giving him meal laced with poison May 2 at their residence.
The day after the incident, the victim’s brother, Narender Kumar, went to Dinesh’s house in search of Sunil where he found him dead, with blood and froth coming out of his mouth.
Narender registered a complaint against Dinesh and his wife.
“Dinesh suspected my brother for having illicit relations with his wife. They had also quarreled earlier on this issue. Dinesh has killed my brother,” Narender had alleged in his complaint to police.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, Sanjay Jain said that Dinesh was put on sustained examination during which he broke down and spilled the beans.
“Dinesh accepted that he along with his wife had murdered Sunil as they wanted to get rid of him,” said Jain.
Jain informed that Sunil was the husband of Asha’s sister Mana.
“He had developed illicit relations with Asha and had started exploiting her financially because of his continuous demand for money,” said Jain.
On the day of the incident, Asha called Sunil to her house for dinner and as per plan, gave him poison with the help of her husband.
- Kolkata constable held for murdering sister-in-law - Feb 01, 2011
- Man kills wife, sister-in-law in Haryana - Jun 02, 2012
- Woman, paramour held for sister-in law's murder - Feb 28, 2011
- Man, mother commit suicide - Dec 11, 2011
- BSP legislator among 5 booked in Etawah rape, suicide case - Jan 28, 2011
- Paralysed man kills wife and son - Feb 03, 2012
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained - Feb 04, 2012
- Couple axed to death in Punjab - Jan 10, 2011
- To fix wife, man fakes death, elopes with her lover's sister - Jun 11, 2011
- Man sentenced to life for killing sister-in-law - Jul 18, 2012
- Woman, paramour held for husband's murder - Apr 21, 2011
- Lahore sees an upsurge in "honour killings" - Sep 16, 2010
- Newspaper hawker hacked to death by neighbour - Aug 18, 2012
- Man nabbed for killing ex-wife - Mar 20, 2012
- Man arrested for killing woman in Delhi - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: alias, bunty, commissioner of police, continuous demand, deputy commissioner, dinesh kumar, east delhi, froth, illicit relationship, mana, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, nand, narender, New Delhi, poisons, sanjay jain, sister in law, sunil, wife asha