McCartney slams McDonald’s for using his photo to sell hamburgersOctober 8th, 2008 - 1:47 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 8 (IANS) Beatles legend Paul McCartney has slammed fast food chain McDonald’s for using his picture to sell hamburgers.According to thesun.co.uk, McCartney has been a vegetarian for almost 30 years and was upset when he heard about his picture being used. His picture appears alongside his band mates - the late John Lennon and George Harrison.
His spokesperson Geoff Baker said: “What sort of morons do McDonald’s think Beatles fans are? It’s ridiculous and insulting to use images to peddle hamburgers. Fans should boycott McDonald’s - and not just in Liverpool.”
McCartney’s first wife Linda Louise introduced him to vegetarianism in 1975. She promoted a vegetarian diet through her cookbooks - “Linda McCartney’s Home Cooking”, “Linda’s Kitchen” and “Simple and Inspiring Recipes for Meatless Meals”. She died in 1998.
“He became a vegetarian after watching lambs play in a field outside his home and surely would not want anyone to use his likeness to help promote meat. We hope anyone who sees his picture on the wall will be reminded that he’s a vegetarian and skip the Big Mac for a veggie burger,” said a People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) spokesperson.
- Veggie McCartney blasts McDonald''s for portrait display - Oct 09, 2008
- McCartney launches vegetarian cookery book - Mar 27, 2012
- Paul McCartney releases a book on his late wife Linda - Apr 18, 2011
- McCartney gets puppies' photo as wedding gift - Oct 18, 2011
- Hollywood-Bollywood come together for vegan cookbook - Jul 03, 2012
- Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney get standing ovation at the Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2012
- Paul McCartney all set to marry Nancy Shevell - Sep 16, 2011
- Brooklyn man swaps frozen veggie burgers for flavour - Nov 14, 2010
- McCartney to wed again - Oct 09, 2011
- Beatles story to be narrated through fans' words in new book - Sep 24, 2010
- Linda was an inspiration to female photographers, says Sir Paul McCartney - Apr 19, 2011
- Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney to tell EU: 'Less meat means less heat' - Nov 29, 2009
- Fans go mad for Macca's first Brazilian gig in 18 years - Nov 09, 2010
- Heather Mills buys vegan foods company - Jul 22, 2009
- Nancy Shevell's wedding dress designed by Stella McCartney - Oct 10, 2011