Mayawati’s key confidante under Lokayukta’s scannerDecember 13th, 2011 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 13 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati’s confidante and high profile multi-portfolio minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui is now under the Lok Ayukta’s scanner - the fifth minister in the state to be probed for corruption.
“A case has been formally registered against cabinet minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui following multiple complaints against him,” the Lokayukta, Justice (retd.) N.K. Mehrotra told IANS Tuesday.
“The cases include large-scale manipulation in official work, blatant nepotism and extending undue favours to his family members including illegal allotment of government land,” he said.
Among the key portfolios held by Siddiqui are public works, irrigation, housing, health and industries. The minister hails from Banda, one of the most backward districts in the state’s poorest Bundelkhand region.
According to the Lokayukta, Siddiqui was accused of amassing huge assets far beyond his legitimate sources of income through misuse of his position as minister.
- Mayawati rules out CBI probe against trusted minister - Feb 27, 2012
- Lokayukta wants another Uttar Pradesh minister to go - Oct 04, 2011
- Minister withdraws plea against Lokayukta - Sep 10, 2011
- Mayawati sacks two more ministers on graft charges - Oct 05, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh Lok Ayukta recommends removal of 'corrupt' minister - Aug 16, 2011
- Sack minister indicted by Lok Ayukta, Congress tells Mayawati - Nov 29, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh minister resigns after Lokayukta's rap - Aug 17, 2011
- Mayawati declines to attend UPA II anniversary dinner - May 21, 2010
- Mayawati sacks minister indicted by ombudsman - Dec 26, 2010
- Akhilesh against bringing chief minister's post under Lokayukta - Apr 26, 2012
- Ex-Mayawati aide claims threat from minister - Nov 19, 2011
- BSP legislator accused of rape arrested (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- BSP stages protest rallies against petrol price hike - May 31, 2011
- Whistleblower hounded by Uttar Pradesh minister - Sep 15, 2011
- Former BSP minister's supporters threaten UP Lokayukta - May 07, 2012
Tags: allotment, cabinet minister, chief minister, confidante, corruption, family members, favours, government land, housing health, irrigation, legitimate sources, lok ayukta, lokayukta, lucknow, manipulation, Mayawati, mehrotra, nepotism, portfolios, siddiqui