Mayawati trying to misguide people: SPNovember 15th, 2011 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 15 (IANS) The Samajwadi Party (SP) Tuesday said the Mayawati government’s proposal to divide Uttar Pradesh into four states would neither lead to better development or better administration.
Accusing Mayawati of “misguiding” the public, SP state president Akhilesh Yadav said: “By advocating division of Uttar Pradesh into four parts, Mayawati only aims to swell her vote bank ahead of assembly polls.
“…It’s only a political stunt to misguide the public and divert the attention from the corrupt practices in the functioning of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government.”
Addressing reporters in Kushinagar district, about 300 km from here, he added: “The division of the state into Poorvanchal, Bundelkhand, Awadh Pradesh and Paschim Pradesh will not solve any purpose related to development.
“Will the division contain inflation? Will it solve the shortage of fertilisers or address employment problems faced by youths in the state?”
Mayawati announced earlier in the day that her cabinet had formally decided to divide the state into four. She said her government would take up the proposal of division of Uttar Pradesh in the winter session of the state legislature starting Nov 21.
- Mayawati decides to split Uttar Pradesh, opposition fumes (Roundup) - Nov 15, 2011
- Parties term Uttar Pradesh split a political stunt (Lead) - Nov 15, 2011
- Centre returns Mayawati's proposal to divide Uttar Pradesh - Dec 19, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh cabinet decides to divide state into four - Nov 15, 2011
- Issue white paper on money spent on parks: Amar Singh to Mayawati - Nov 15, 2011
- Has Mayawati set agenda for assembly polls? - Nov 27, 2011
- History and logic favour Uttar Pradesh's division (Comment) - Dec 07, 2011
- Amar Singh to go to Singapore for treatment - Nov 08, 2011
- BSP passes state split resolution, triggers opposition protest (Roundup) - Nov 21, 2011
- Congress for panel on Uttar Pradesh reorganisation - Nov 09, 2011
- Mayawati angry as centre returns proposal for state division - Dec 20, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh not utilising central funds effectively: Khurshid - Aug 15, 2011
- Mayawati's Uttar Pradesh division election gimmick: BJP - Nov 15, 2011
- No political agenda behind move to split state, say Mayawati - Nov 21, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh division needs central government, parliament approval - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,