Mayawati orders FIR against Congress state unit chiefOctober 15th, 2011 - 1:04 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 14 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Friday got both state Congress president Rita Bahuguna Joshi and a Congress lawmaker booked for “interference in government work” for taking Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi to see an under-construction bridge that collapsed in Banda district.
Joshi and MLA Vivek Singh had taken Rahul Gandhi to a place in Banda district where a small bridge under construction over a rivulet caved in on Thursday, allegedly on account of use of sub-standard material.
“We have got a FIR lodged against both Joshi and Singh because they obstructed the construction of the bridge by taking Rahul Gandhi there on Wednesday,” said an official spokesman here.
“The two Congress leaders also exposed Rahul Gandhi to the hazard of getting injured in case the bridge had collapsed while he was there,” he pointed out.
“We have reason to believe that the bridge gave way because someone tinkered with the shuttering and scaffolding put up for building the bridge,” he added.
- Congress for judicial probe against rape-accused BSP lawmaker - Jan 02, 2011
- Rahul takes Kanpur by storm but faces poll code breach charge (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Congress leader to meet Uttar Pradesh Dalit rape victim - Dec 29, 2010
- Tight security for PM's Uttar Pradesh rally - Apr 30, 2011
- Hundreds detained as Congress takes on Mayawati government (Second Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Congress demands arrest of 'rapist' BSP legislator - Dec 31, 2010
- Vijay Bahuguna named new Uttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Vijay Bahuguna named Uttarakhand chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi to tour eastern Uttar Pradesh - Nov 20, 2011
- Another union minister booked in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 24, 2011
- Congress releases first list for Uttar Pradesh polls - Aug 22, 2011
- Rahul, PM could address rally in Banda: Congress - Jan 18, 2011
- House Full in Aligarh - thanks to Rahul - Jul 08, 2011
- Mayawati's attacks out of desperation: Congress - Dec 18, 2011
- Celebrations outside Rita Bahuguna Joshi's house - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: banda district, building the bridge, chief minister, congress leaders, congress president, fir, general secretary, government work, interference, joshi, lawmaker, mla, rahul gandhi, rita, rivulet, scaffolding, spokesman, state congress, unit chief, vivek singh