Mayawati announces scholarships for poor studentsJuly 26th, 2008 - 1:32 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 25 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Friday announced that scholarships would be given to meritorious students of the Gautam Buddha Nagar University in Noida for pursuing higher studies in foreign universities. “It will be the first of its kind scholarship that any state-run varsity would be providing to its students,” Mayawati told reporters at a press conference.
The scholarships will be meant for meritorious students belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) or below poverty line (BPL) category, she added.
The scholarships would allow the students to take admission in European universities, officials said.
Established in 2002, the Gautam Buddha University offers courses in technical education.
- Can't touch seats reserved for OBC students: Apex court (Lead) - Aug 03, 2011
- IIM-Lucknow to help train SC, ST candidates - Sep 07, 2012
- Finally, covers go off Mayawati statues (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Lucknow's ten-year-old girl gets admission in college in science stream - Dec 30, 2010
- Zero in exam? In Andhra, you can still get admission - Jul 07, 2012
- UP's food scam: CBI raids 12 places in Lucknow - Apr 21, 2012
- Multi-crore SC scholarships racket unearthed in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 25, 2010
- Mayawati issues full-page Buddha Purnima ads in 150 dailies - May 17, 2011
- Politics delay inauguration of Yamuna Expressway - Jan 14, 2012
- Ugandan student duped with fake admission letter - Jul 05, 2011
- IGNOU's preparatory course for students desiring higher education - Jun 14, 2012
- To bright young scholars, Orissa offers Rs.10 scholarship - Jan 08, 2010
- Samajwadi Party workers protest against Yamuna Expressway - Aug 27, 2010
- More Indians opting for public varsities in US - Feb 01, 2012
- Protesting farmers invite Tikait to lead agitation - Aug 19, 2010