Matricidal brothers were heavily into occult on InternetApril 28th, 2008 - 10:11 pm ICT by admin
By S.P. Singh
Ghaziabad, April 28 (IANS) The three brothers who clubbed their mother to death in a macabre crime here Saturday were heavily into occult and would spend hours on Internet researching on the topic, according to the police. The three - Aswani Gautam, a qualified engineer, Navneet Gautam, an MBA, and Rohit Gautam, a class 12th pass - were known in the locality to be preachers of occult and Navneet was even treated as a ‘guruji’ (godman) of the area for his expertise in solving people’s problems.
A local resident, refusing to be named, said the three brothers, sons of an Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation engineer, had performed rituals in the past and were often seen visiting graveyards, temples and crematoria during nights.
Naveen apparently had developed a reputation in the area for treating victims of ‘bad spirits’ and exorcising them.
On Saturday night, the three brothers organised an occult ritual to rid their sister Renu of the ‘bad spirit’ after she had complained that her mother-in-law Banso, who died a fortnight back, often came in her dreams and threatened her.
When the ritual was at its peak, their mother Shashi started dancing. The three brothers believed their mother was seized by the soul of Renu’s mother-in-law Banso, and reportedly beat Shashi till she collapsed and died.
The brothers then called Renu’s father-in-law Nathu, to participate in the rituals. Nathu went along with his daughters Preeti and Guddi, and son Rohit.
During the rituals, the brothers told Rohit they needed his sister Preeti’s sacrifice to revive their mother and attacked her with sharp edged weapons.
Nathu, Rohit and Guddi suffered injuries on their necks, heads, chests and arms when they protested and tried to resist the three brothers’ attack on Preeti.
In the meantime, somebody called the police. The Vijay Nagar police raided the house and recovered choppers and other articles being used to perform the rituals. The police found Sashi lying dead, and four people other people - Rohit, his father Nathu, and sisters Preeti and Guddi -critically injured. All the injured were rushed to hospitals.
The police have arrested the three brothers and lodged cases against them.
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Delhi cop on shooting spree kills two, self (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai's triple-suicide case - Mar 12, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- BJP leader's sister drugged, left to die by kin - Aug 30, 2011
- Tripura trooper guns down five of family - Apr 28, 2012
- Woman kills mother-in-law, held - Aug 25, 2011
- Rohit Jugraj Speaks On His Relationship With Viveka Babajee - Jun 28, 2010
- Woman kills mother-in-law with paramour's help - Aug 18, 2012
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Spurned lover kills four, self (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- ‘Saas Bina Sasural’: The Real Test Begins! - Dec 07, 2010