Math teacher in Russia sentenced for verbal abuseApril 12th, 2012 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 12 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A mathematics teacher who systematically humiliated her students has been sentenced to one year of community service, the press service of the Prosecutor General’s Office in Russia’s Nizhny Novgorod region said Thursday.
The court determined that the 49-year-old teacher from the city of Lyskovo had launched into a tirade against her students, calling them “a flock of sheep”, “monkeys”, “swine”, “creatures lower than her dog” and “dummies bought in a shop”, the office said in a press release.
“At a math lesson in October 2010, the teacher scrawled ‘Algebra - F’ with a magic marker on the forehead of one of the girls.
The girl later washed off the inscription, but at the next lesson the teacher wrote it once again, this time with a ballpoint pen.
- Ammo blast kills six in Russia - May 03, 2012
- Russia to build two space-defence missile plants - Feb 04, 2012
- Mother throws crying baby from 14th floor - Mar 03, 2012
- Pilot dies in chopper crash in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- List of venues for 2018 World Cup to be announced Sep 29 - Sep 05, 2012
- 88 missing as ship sinks in Russia - Jul 10, 2011
- Russian missile maker Almaz Antei expands - Apr 10, 2012
- Russian woman to be extradited from Spain for trafficking - May 05, 2011
- Putin supporters hold rallies all over Russia - Feb 19, 2012
- Russian teacher faces jail over sex with teenagers - Dec 23, 2011
- FIFA World Cup delegates visit Samara - Jun 22, 2012
- Russia to build world's most powerful laser station - Feb 10, 2012
- Russia plans to host 2018 FIFA World Cup in 13 cities - May 07, 2011
- 700 observers to monitor Russian presidential poll - Mar 01, 2012
- 30 killed in Russia wildfires - Aug 01, 2010
Tags: algebra, ballpoint pen, court determined that, dg, dummies, flock of sheep, forehead, magic marker, marker, math lesson, math teacher, mathematics teacher, monkeys, nizhny novgorod region, one of the girls, prosecutor general, ria novosti, swine, tirade against, verbal abuse