Massive fire in plywood factory, no casualtyNovember 20th, 2010 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
Sitapur (Uttar Pradesh), Nov 20 (IANS) Property worth lakhs of rupees was destroyed in a massive fire that broke out in a plywood factory in this Uttar Pradesh district Saturday, police said. No casualties were reported.
The fire engulfed the plywood factory in the Tambaur area and soon started spreading to nearby establishments.
“As the fire came in contact with wooden products, it started spreading very fast to nearby establishments. But it was controlled with the timely intervention of fire brigade officials,” police inspector Arun Srivastava told reporters in Sitapur town, around 90 km from Lucknow.
According to police, several labourers were present inside the factory at the time the fire broke out.
“All the labourers were safely rescued,” said Srivastava.
According to police, the fire brigade would ascertain the cause of the fire, though it appears that an electric short-circuit triggered it.
- Huge fire in plywood factory in Kanpur - Jul 31, 2010
- Major fire in textile factory, no casualty - Apr 08, 2011
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Massive fire in Kanpur leather factory - Mar 09, 2011
- Major fire in Kanpur warehouse, no casualty - Oct 07, 2010
- Firefighter hurt while battling Mathura blaze - Dec 18, 2010
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh plastic scrapyard, no casualties - Dec 06, 2010
- Over 20 shops gutted in Uttar Pradesh fire - Jun 16, 2010
- Massive fire breaks out in Mathura, firefighter hurt - Dec 18, 2010
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Major fire in Uttar Pradesh commercial complex - Sep 05, 2011
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh carpet factory - Feb 19, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh hotel, no casualty - Sep 29, 2011
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh factory - Jun 22, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: arun srivastava, casualties, casualty, establishments, fire brigade, labourers, lucknow, massive fire, plywood, police inspector, rupees, short circuit, sitapur, timely intervention, uttar pradesh, worth lakhs