Mass grave found in northern IraqOctober 28th, 2008 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mosul (Iraq), Oct 28 (Xinhua) Security forces have found 20 decomposed bodies in a deserted house in Iraq’s northern province of Nineveh, the police said Tuesday.The mass grave was discovered at a deserted house in Tal Afar town, some 80 km west of the provincial capital of Mosul, an official said requesting anonymity.
The information about the house was passed on to the security forces by the local residents, he said. The town has a mixed population of Kurdish, Shia and Sunni communities.
The Nineveh province, some 400 km north of Baghdad, has been the scene of sectarian violence since the start of the US-led war against the militants in the country in 2003. The province is considered one of the last strongholds of the Al Qaeda militants in Iraq.
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Gunmen kill tribal leader, woman official in Iraq - Feb 16, 2011
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- 23 protesters killed in Iraq's 'Day of Rage' - Feb 26, 2011
- Four die in Iraq clashes between protesters and security (Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
- 12 killed in Iraq suicide attack - Feb 21, 2011
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Iraq car bomb explosion kills 18 - Aug 09, 2008
- Six killed in Iraq attacks - Jan 23, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- Suicide bombers kill 30, injure 63 in Iraq (Lead) - Jul 09, 2009
- At least 11 killed in Iraq suicide car bombing - Nov 15, 2008
- 22 killed in Iraq violence - Jul 28, 2010
- Over 40 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012