Mask institute’s ‘logo’, court tells ‘Dum Maaro Dum’ makers (Lead)April 21st, 2011 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) Giving relief to an air hostess training institute, the Delhi High Court Thursday ordered the makers of film “Dum Maaro Dum” to give an undertaking that a logo similar to that of the institute shown in the film would be blurred before its worldwide release Friday.
Justice Manmohan Singh pulled up Ramesh Sippy Entertainment and Fox Star Studio India, the makers of the Abhishek Bachchan-starrer on a plea filed by Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training.
“Blur and mask the Frankfinn logo and model before its worldwide release tomorrow (Friday),” said Justice Singh.
The court dismissed the plea after the producers admitted to tampering with Frankfinn logo and assured that they will keep the court’s order in mind.
The court was hearing a suit filed by Frankfinn for permanent injunction restraining infringement, dilution and tarnishing of its trademark in the film.
Samir Valia, vice president, marketing and corporate communication, said that the impugned twisting and dilution of Frankfinn’s trademark by the film producers was uncalled for.
“The message is clear that no one should be allowed to misuse the intellectual property of such organisations which have painstakingly built their reputation with years of hard work,” he said.
“This shall also set a precedent for other Bollywood producers who think that they can play with the reputation of any individual or corporate and go scott free because of their name and fame,” said Valia.
- Mask institute's logo, court tells 'Dum Maaro Dum' makers - Apr 21, 2011
- Police complaint against 'Dum Maaro Dum' makers - Apr 08, 2011
- Nothing wrong in 'Dum Maaro Dum': Rohan Sippy - Apr 09, 2011
- Court complaint against 'Dum Maro Dum' song - Jun 02, 2011
- Court issues notice to director of 'Dum Maaro Dum' (Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- 'Dum Maaro Dum' release shifted to Easter weekend - Nov 13, 2010
- Case against 'Dum Maaro Dum' for indecency - Apr 18, 2011
- Our misfortune that Dev saab is upset: Ramesh Sippy - Mar 24, 2011
- Abhishek's role in 'Dum Maaro Dum' homage to Zanjeer cop - Nov 13, 2010
- 'Dum Maro Dum' may be screened in court before release (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Decks cleared for "Dum Maaro Dum" release - Apr 18, 2011
- 'Dum Maaro Dum' trains camera on drugs, sex and violence (IANS Preview) - Apr 19, 2011
- Not trying to upset Dev sahab, Zeenat aunty: Abhishek - Apr 14, 2011
- 'Dum Maro Dum' may be screened in court before release - Apr 13, 2011
- Goa to take up its poor portrayal with film director - Mar 30, 2011