Maruti Suzuki’s Q4 net profit down three percentApril 28th, 2012 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 28 (IANS) Passenger car major Maruti Suzuki Saturday reported a decline of three percent in its net profit for the fourth quarter of 2011-12 which stood at Rs.639.8 crore.
The company had posted Rs.659.9 crore net profit in the corresponding quarter of 2010-11.
The company said that adverse currency movements had made a significant impact during the quarter under review.
“The company was able to largely offset it through localisation and internal cost control,” the company said in a statement.
Maruti Suzuki’s net sales stood at Rs.11,486.4 crore in the quarter under review, up 17.2 percent from Rs.9,796.7 crore posted in the fourth quarter of 2010-11.
The automobile major’s sales went up by 4.9 percent at 360,334 units in the January-March 2012 quarter from 343,340 units sold in the corresponding period of 2010-11.
For the full fiscal 2011-12, the company reported a decline of 28.6 percent at Rs.1,635.1 crore from Rs.2,288.7 crore for 2010-11.
“For the year, the company’s bottomline was impacted by adverse currency movement and increased commodity prices,” the statement said.
“The overall slowdown in the car market, including the skew towards diesel cars, also affected performance.”
The company’s board has recommended a final dividend aggregating to Rs.216.68 crore, which comes down to Rs.7.5 per share (for nominal value of Rs.5.00 per share).
- Maruti Suzuki's Q4 net profit down three percent (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki Q4 profit flat at Rs.660 crore - Apr 25, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's third quarter net profit down 63.6 percent - Jan 23, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki quarterly net profit drops 17.7 percent - Jan 29, 2011
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent - Apr 20, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
- CESC's consolidated net profit down 11 percent - Jun 13, 2012
- DLF's Q1 net profit down 55 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- Mahindra and Mahindra's Q4 net up 44.17 percent - May 30, 2012
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's Q1 net profit zooms at 18.02 percent - Jul 26, 2011
- BEML posts Rs.14 crore net loss in Q4 of 2011-12 - May 31, 2012
- Reliance Capital nets 329 crore profit in Jan-March quarter - May 19, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- NTPC's third quarter net falls 10.16 percent - Jan 27, 2012
Tags: bottomline, car market, commodity prices, currency movement, currency movements, diesel cars, dividend, fourth quarter, maruti suzuki, net profit, net sales, nominal value, passenger car, rs 1, rs 2, s board, s sales, significant impact, skew, slowdown