Maruti Suzuki sales up 24 percent in FebruaryMarch 2nd, 2009 - 1:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 2 (IANS) Four-wheeler major Maruti Suzuki India sold 79,190 vehicles including exports in February, up 24.1 percent over the corresponding month in the last fiscal year, the company said Monday.
The previous highest total sales - about 71,780 units - were registered in January this year.
The company sold 70,625 units in the domestic market, up 19.1 percent over the corresponding month last year. The previous highest monthly domestic sales were 67,005 units, recorded this January.
Led by its A-star model, Maruti Suzuki exported 8,565 units last month, the highest-so far in a month. The previous highest exports of 8,282 units were recorded in March 2004.
In February, the company also surpassed the cumulative export sales recorded during fiscal 2008-09.
- Maruti Suzuki sales down 40 percent in August - Sep 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki logs 9.2 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki creates February record in sales - Mar 02, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki sales drop for the sixth month running - Dec 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki sales dropped 7 percent in December - Jan 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's May sales down five percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Auto-industry's mixed results for November sales - Dec 01, 2011
- Indian auto makers post record sales in festive October - Nov 01, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's February sales up 15.5 percent - Mar 01, 2011
- Maruti registers highest monthly sales in January - Feb 02, 2009
- Maruti Suzuki's June sales rise 20 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Indian automobile sector's March sales soar (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2011
- Interest rates, fuel hikes dampen automobile sales in June (Roundup) - Jul 01, 2011