Married woman ends her life in DelhiNovember 16th, 2008 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 16 (IANS) In separate incidents, a married woman and a 16-year-old boy ended their lives at their homes in the national capital Sunday, the police said.According to the police, Saroj, 25, committed suicide around 11 a.m. by hanging herself from a ceiling fan when she was alone at her house in NDMC colony near Mandir Marg area of New Delhi.
Her parents alleged that she committed suicide due to dowry harassment by her in-laws.
However, her husband Rajesh, a sweeper with the New Delhi Municipal Corporation, told the police that Saroj was in depression as she had no child even after four years of marriage. She was reportedly under medication for not being able to conceive.
In the other case, a 16-year-old boy hanged himself to death at his house in E block area of Nand Nagri of north-east Sunday.
The police said the victim, Rehan, a student of Class 12 in a government school, was alone at home. The boy’s family members told the police that he had asked his younger brother Akeel to get biscuits before he ended his life.
Rehan’s mother was in the market and his father was out of the town.
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Delhi woman commits suicide - May 13, 2012
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Harassed over dowry, woman commits suicide - May 10, 2011
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Woman dies of burns, father alleges dowry death - Jan 28, 2011
- Teenager raped in Delhi - Apr 14, 2011
- Girl commits suicide after sexual harassment in Jharkhand - Dec 16, 2010
- Domestic help commits suicide - Dec 27, 2011
- Pilot's wife commits suicide, police suspect dowry death - Feb 19, 2012