Marriage registration optional for Bangladeshi HindusMay 21st, 2012 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, May 21 (IANS) The Bangladesh cabinet Monday approved a draft of the Hindu Marriage Registration Act 2012, which makes the registration of marriage optional and not mandatory for the community.
The approval came at the weekly cabinet meeting here chaired by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
This was disclosed to the media by Cabinet Secretary Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan, the Daily Star reported.
- Retired Indian Army officer to get Bangladesh award - Jun 25, 2012
- Bangladesh speaker, MPs to pay income tax - Nov 28, 2011
- Bangladesh to fund Padma bridge project - Jul 09, 2012
- Dhaka approves $7 bn for development projects - May 20, 2012
- Bangladesh gets $1 bn loan from India - Aug 07, 2010
- Bangladesh ministers to declare wealth - Jul 04, 2011
- Bangladesh, India to protect Sunderbans - Sep 07, 2010
- Delhi government clears marriage registration bill - May 21, 2012
- Punjab leaders hail move on Sikh marriage Act - Apr 12, 2012
- Bangladesh gets $1.2bn World Bank loan for bridge - Apr 28, 2011
- Dhaka keen to attract more Indian, Chinese funds - Mar 13, 2010
- Bangladesh set to dilute anti-graft law - Feb 27, 2011
- Dhaka parliamentary body wants laws common to all - Dec 21, 2010
- Extortionists, stalkers push crime graph in Bangladesh - Nov 02, 2010
- India, Bangladesh pledge to hand over fugitives - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: bangladesh, cabinet meeting, cabinet secretary, daily star, dhaka, hindu marriage, hindus, hossain, marriage, marriage registration, minister sheikh hasina, prime minister, registration act, registration of marriage