Markets turn negative in afternoon trade (Lead)December 17th, 2008 - 3:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 17 (IANS) Indian equities markets turned negative during the afternoon trade after touching an intra-day high of 10,073.1 points.The 30-share sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was ruling at 9,961.72 points around 1:39 p.m., a slight dip of 0.15 percent or 15.26 points from its close Tuesday at 9,976.98 points.
The broader-based 50-share S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was ruling at 3,029.3 points, a meagre fall of 0.41 percent over its close Tuesday.
Broader market indices continued outperforming the Sensex with the midcap index trading 0.35 percent higher than Tuesday’s close, while the smallcap index rose 0.85 percent over its previous close.
Trading on Asian markets picked up, with the Nikkei, a key index of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, rising to currently rule at 0.52 percent higher than its previous close.
The Hang Seng, a key index of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange performed better, rising by 0.93 percent over its previous close.
- Sensex quiet in morning trade - Jan 04, 2012
- Sensex falls 58 points; IT, metal stocks slump - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex falls below 18,000 in early trade - May 25, 2011
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Indian equities markets muted in early trade - May 10, 2011
- Sensex in see-saw trade, consumer durables, realty stocks up - Mar 27, 2012
- Sensex creeps up but wobbly - Mar 02, 2012
- Sensex dull in morning trade - Oct 19, 2010
- Sensex off day's highs, holding in green - Mar 20, 2012
- Sensex slips further in noon trade (Lead) - May 25, 2011
- Sensex subdued, banking, realty stocks under pressure - Feb 22, 2012
- Sensex lacklustre in opening session - Sep 24, 2010
- Sensex rises in early trade - Nov 22, 2010
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex slips in morning trade - Jan 06, 2012