Markets try to crawl back, Sensex still down (Second Lead)March 3rd, 2009 - 4:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 3 (IANS) Indian equities markets were trying to crawl back into the green Tuesday with a key index ruling just 0.15 percent below its last closing figure, about 90 minutes before end of trade.
The 30-scrip Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) sensitive index (Sensex), which opened at 8,583.06 points, was at 8,587.12 points, a fall of 12.84 points or 0.15 percent from its previous close.
Similarly, the S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) lost 0.06 percent from its last close to rule at 2,676.3 points.
The BSE midcap index was 0.61 percent lower, while the BSE smallcap index was down 0.42 percent.
- Benchmark indices subdued, midcaps rise - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex sheds modest early gains (Lead) - Oct 14, 2010
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - Aug 17, 2010
- Sensex dull in morning trade - Oct 08, 2010
- Indian equities close flat (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Sensex ends higher; RCom, Reliance Infra up - Mar 09, 2011
- Sensex closes 144 points up, broader markets gain (Roundup) - Mar 24, 2011
- Sensex slumps on poor factory output, Japan quake (Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Sensex volatile in early trade - May 31, 2010
- Sensex dull in early trade - Feb 10, 2011
- Day after rally, profit booking pulls down Indian equities (Roundup) - Jul 08, 2011
- Sensex slips further, energy, banking scrips under presssure - Jul 07, 2010
- Sensex rises in morning trade - Dec 31, 2010
- Sensex closes 138 points lower (Lead) - Jan 06, 2011