Markets trading in red at early tradeSeptember 12th, 2008 - 12:24 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai Sep 12 (IANS) The Indian equities market were trading in red at early trade Friday. Selling pressure was seen in IT, technology and banking stocks.The 30-share benchmark sensitive index of the Bombay Stock Exchange opened with a loss of 107.79 points at 14,432.08 points. Ten minutes later, it was trading at 14,223.61 with a loss of 100.68 points or 0.70 percent.
At the same time, the S&P Nifty of National Stock Exchange was trading at 4,268.70 with a loss of 21.60 points or 0.50 percent compared to its previous close.
The market breadth was positive. On BSE, 921 shares advanced compared to 547 that declined and 62 remained unchanged.
Maruti Suzuki, BHEL, Tata Power were among the gainers while Infosys, Satyam, Wipro were among the losers at the initial trade.
Other Asian markets were trading higher.
- Sensex plunges 277 points on weak global cues (Roundup) - Apr 23, 2012
- Sensex slumps 223 points on rate hike, weak global cues (Roundup) - Jul 28, 2011
- Sensex closes 86 points higher; realty, IT index up (Roundup) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex slips 120 points; banking, capital goods stocks fall (Roundup) - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex rises 63 points; consumer durable, realty stocks up - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex trades lower; oil and gas, metal stocks down (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex falls 59 points as bearish mood prevails (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Sensex closes flat amid dull global cues - Jan 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 80 points up, on SBI and rupee shows (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 144 points up, broader markets gain (Roundup) - Mar 24, 2011
- Sensex up marginally; bank, healthcare stocks gain - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex 80 points high on strong global cues - Sep 06, 2012
- Sensex flat in noon trade, broader markets up - Apr 01, 2011
- Sensex slips after touching 18,000 points - Mar 14, 2012