Markets trading in green at early tradeSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 12:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 2 (IANS) Indian equity markets were trading in green at early trade Tuesday with banking, oil and gas and power stocks in demand. The 30 share benchmark index of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the Sensex, opened with a gain of 110.93 points at 14,609.44. Twenty minutes into trading, it was trading at 14,618.78 points, 120.27 points or 0.83 percent up its last closing figure.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange was trading at 4,369.40 with a gain of 20.75 points or 0.48 percent from its previous close.
The market breadth was positive. On BSE, 1,184 shares advanced, 605 declined and 56 remained unchanged.
State Bank of India, Jaiprakash Associate and ONGC were among the gainers while Ranbaxy Lab, Satyam Computers and BHEL were among the losers at initial trade.
Other Asian markets were trading higher.
- Sensex rises in early trade, broader markets gain too - Apr 06, 2011
- Sensex declines 66 points, metal, consumer durables down - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex continues to trade listless (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Sensex up 95 points, makes third straight week of gains (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2012
- Sensex declines 31 points, realty, capital goods stocks down - Jul 26, 2012
- Sensex closes 370 points lower, capital goods lose (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2012
- Sensex gains for third straight week, up 584 points (Weekly market review) - Jan 21, 2012
- Indian equities markets down, Sensex edges lower (Roundup) - Jul 15, 2011
- Sensex rises in noon trade (Lead) - Apr 04, 2011
- Sensex closes flat; metal, healthcare stocks gain (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Sensex up 75 points, investors take a breather (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- Sensex extends losses on week European cues (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex soars after Monday's losses - Feb 28, 2012
- Sensex flat in noon trade, broader markets up - Apr 01, 2011
- Sensex closes 156 points lower ahead of monetary policy review (Roundup) - Apr 29, 2011