Markets start trade in the greenFebruary 13th, 2009 - 11:51 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 13 (IANS) Indian equities markets started on a positive note Friday with a key index rising at the opening bell.
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex) opened at 9,540.6 points, higher than its 9,465.83 point close Thursday. About 10 minutes into trade, it was at 9,602.17 points, 1.44 percent or 136.34 points higher than its previous close.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,936 points, 1.48 percent higher than its previous close of 2,893.05.
The BSE midcap index was 1.15 percent higher, while the BSE smallcap index was up 0.95 percent.
- Sensex starts week on strong footing - Feb 06, 2012
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Key Indian market index closes 152 points down (Third Lead) - Feb 12, 2009
- Markets pick up pace, Sensex up 1.68 percent (Lead) - Feb 13, 2009
- Sensex holds on to gains, but slips from 18,000 - Feb 29, 2012
- Sensex closes lower for third consecutive day (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Sensex up 1 percent in morning session - Mar 30, 2011
- Asian cues help Sensex rise 245 points in noon trade - Jan 17, 2012
- Markets continue to move upwards (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2009
- Sensex closes in red; oil and gas, realty stocks slump - Jan 05, 2012
- Sensex closes quiet as GDP numbers disappoint (Roundup) - Feb 29, 2012
- Sensex closes 115 points up (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Sensex rises in afternoon trade, capital goods scrips lead - Mar 21, 2012
- Sensex closes 172 points lower (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex weak in morning trade - Sep 23, 2010