Markets slump in afternoon trade (Second Lead)January 6th, 2009 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 6 (IANS) Indian equities markets lost most of their morning gains in afternoon trade Tuesday. Nearly two hours before the closing bell, a key index was trading 1.01 percent lower than its previous close.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was down 1.01 percent or 103.52 points at 10,172.08 points after opening higher than the Monday close of 10,275.6 points.
At the same time, the broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was trading at 3,066.45 points, 1.76 percent lower.
Other market indices like the BSE midcap index fell 1.15 percent, while the smallcap index lost 0.87 percent.
- Sensex falls 100 points on weak Asian cues - Apr 04, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex slumps 126 points on weak global cues (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sensex closes 176 points higher despite dull global cues (Roundup) - Jun 23, 2011
- Sensex closes 115 points higher in volatile trade - Nov 30, 2011
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex trades lower; oil and gas, metal stocks down (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex rises in afternoon trade, capital goods scrips lead - Mar 21, 2012
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Day after rally, profit booking pulls down Indian equities (Roundup) - Jul 08, 2011
- Sensex rises 37 points; power, FMCG stocks up - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Day after rally, Sensex takes a breather - Sep 28, 2011
- Sensex off day's highs, holding in green - Mar 20, 2012
- Sensex surges 117 points, metal, IT stocks up (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012