Markets slip further in afternoon trade (Second Lead)March 2nd, 2009 - 3:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 2 (IANS) Indian equities markets slipped further Monday afternoon. About 90 minutes before the closing bell, with a key index 2.88 percent down from Friday’s close.
The 30-scrip Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex), which opened at 8,762.88 points, was trading at 8,635.73 points, down 2.88 percent or 255.88 points from Friday’s close.
The S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,682.4 points, 2.94 percent lower than its last close of 2,763.65 points.
The BSE midcap index was 1.51 percent lower, while the BSE smallcap index was down 1.2 percent.
- Indian markets take a dive on opening - Mar 02, 2009
- Markets move south, Sensex 284 points down (Third Lead) - Mar 02, 2009
- Sensex snaps three-day rally, slips almost 300 points - Sep 09, 2011
- Day after rally, Sensex closes flat (Roundup) - Jan 11, 2012
- Sensex plunges 277 points on weak global cues (Roundup) - Apr 23, 2012
- Sensex up 222 points, bank, auto and IT stocks rally (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex down almost 75 points - Aug 02, 2012
- Dismal start to trading week, Sensex dives 3.2 percent (Roundup) - Mar 02, 2009
- US recession fears trigger panic selling at Indian bourses (Roundup) - Aug 05, 2011
- Sensex edges lower, negative global cues weigh (Roundup) - Jul 18, 2011
- Sensex closes 88 points lower in see-saw trade (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Sensex slumps 302 points amid global sell-off - Oct 03, 2011
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 82 points lower as industrial output slows (Roundup) - Feb 10, 2012