Markets slide in last hour, key index closes below 10,000-mark (Third Lead)December 22nd, 2008 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 22 (IANS) Indian equities markets ended trade lower Monday, with a key index shedding 1.58 percent to close below the psychological 10,000-mark.The 30-share Sensitive Index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 10,102.42 points, fell below the 10,000-mark in afternoon trade after gyrating around the opening levels in the earlier sessions. The Sensex closed the day’s trade at 9,940.48 points, about 159.83 points or 1.58 percent lower than its close Friday.
The broader-based 50-share S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) performed similarly with a fall of 1.03 percent or 38.2 points to close at 3,039.3 points.
Broader market indices at the Sensex also dipped with the midcap index falling 0.03 percent and the smallcap index shedding 0.10 percent compared to Friday’s close.
- Sensex lacklustre, Asian cues negative - Jan 17, 2011
- Sensex closes 160 points lower (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Indian equities markets down, Sensex edges lower (Roundup) - Jul 15, 2011
- Day after rally, Sensex closes flat (Roundup) - Jan 11, 2012
- Profit booking pulls down equities, key index below 10,000 (Roundup) - Dec 22, 2008
- Rate hike fears weigh Sensex, broader markets lacklustre - Jul 25, 2011
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 276 points lower weighed by TCS, negative cues - Oct 18, 2011
- Sensex slips below 18,000 points - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex weak, IT, capital goods under selling pressure - Mar 19, 2012
- Sensex pares early losses (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Sensex closes 60 points lower (Second Lead) - Oct 08, 2010
- Sensex edges lower for the second day in choppy trade (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2012
- Sensex slips from day's highs to close 286 points up (Second Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Sensex closes 86 points higher; realty, IT index up (Roundup) - Sep 11, 2012