Markets rise with opening bellJanuary 14th, 2009 - 12:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 14 (IANS) Indian equities markets opened higher Wednesday and rose firmly in the opening minutes, with a key index gaining 1.92 percent over its close Tuesday.About 15 minutes into trading, the sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was at 9,245.16 points, a rise of 173.8 points or 1.92 percent from its previous close of 9,071.36 points. It had opened at 9,207.52.
The broader S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,790.45 points at the same time, 1.66 percent higher than Tuesday’s close of 2,744.95.
The BSE midcap and small cap indices were also trading higher than Tuesday’s close.
- Sensex slips in morning trade - Jan 06, 2012
- Sensex holds on to gains, metals, realty scrips gain - Mar 13, 2012
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex closes 111.32 points higher, auto stocks rally - Apr 19, 2012
- Sensex gains 66 points in special trading - Sep 08, 2012
- Sensex extends gains, up 320 points (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sensex rises 17 points; oil, gas, power stocks up - Jun 26, 2012
- Markets hold on to gains in afternoon trade (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2009
- Sensex dull in afternoon trade (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Sensex rises in early trade - Jan 12, 2011
- Sensex holds on to highs in afternoon trade (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Sensex reverses early losses, broader markets up too (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Indian equities shoot up in morning trade - Jan 03, 2012
- Sensex gains 146 points, auto banking stocks up (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex ends flat on dull trading day (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011